Micromax Unite 2 is a really popular phone in India. People bought it trusting Micromax and its service. However, the company did not release a software update for the users. We have been receiving constant requests from the phone users on how can they update Update Micromax Canvas Unite 2 To Android Lollipop operating system. Below is a 3 step process which will help you achieve the same.
The thing you need to keep in mind that your warranty will stand void from the company if you flash your phone. Since the phone is now really old, majority of you might already be out of the warranty, so you can give it a try.
- Download iRoot Apk from Vroot
- Then head over to this link and download the custom recovery file from Google Docs
- Then go to the Play Store and download MobileUncle MTK tools
- Download the Lollipop ROM from here
- Go to SettingsàSecurityàAllow install form unknown sources
- Download iRoot Apk from here
- Install the apk
Install the ROM
- Place the ROM in any suitable folder
- Open MobileUncle MTK tools
- Tap on Into Recovery Mode
- Choose the img file
- Use Volume Keys and Power Button to navigate
- Once in recovery mode take a full backup by
- Backup and RestoreàBack Up to SD Card
- Choose Wipe DataàYes
- Go to AdvancedàWipe Dalvik CacheàYes
- Now Press Install Zip from SD Cardà Choose zip from SD cardàYes
- After around 5 minutes you shoudl be running
Note: This is a lollipop theme not based on lollipop
Note: We are not responsible for any bricked device or damaged devices do this at your own risk.Your warranty will be void after the update. If your phone is out of warranty period, then you may proceed.