After months of waiting HTC Users can enjoy Android Lollipop on their Desire 816 mobile phone. Some users might think that with the launch of Marshmallow, Lollipop maybe slightly old now but it is still a stable software that works. Here you can install CM12 or CyanogenMod which is based on Lollipop and ensures a stock experience with optional customization.
Rooted HTC Desire 816 with a Custom Recovery installed(Guide Below)
It is suggested that you take a full backup incase anything happens and your forced to restore.
- Download the CyanogenMod 12 File from Cyanogen Webiste links below
- Copy the downloaded file into your phone storage
- Boot your phone into recovery mode(Press the Volume Down and Power for a few seconds)
- Choose Install Zip from SD Card/Internal Storage
- Choose “Yes” and let the phone do its work!
- Reboot your phone, this may take a while so dont worry.
- Voila! You are running Android Lollipop.
http://www.droidviews.com/install-cwm-root-htc-desire-816/ (Root+Custom Recovery)
Warning: Installing a ROM will surely void your warranty. This could cause a soft/hard brick and we are not liable for any damage. Considering this is an official ROM chance of bricking are low.