Note: Rooting and flashing a ROM will void you warranty and if you’re device is bricked it is not our fault. Do this at you Own Risk! If your phone is already out of warranty, then there should not be any problem
Create a backup of all your files and stuff on the phone before starting to update Micromax Canvas 2.2 to Android KitKat or Lollipop
Root Your Phone via App
- Download the Framroot Apk from here. Download the 1.9.0 apk
- Choose “Install SuperSU” or “Install SuperUser”
- Choose the “Boromir” exploit
- If the “Boromir” Exploit doesn’t work use any of the other ones given
Root Your Phone via Computer
- Download iRoot Desktop App from here (You may get a safety warning so click on DetailsàVisit the Site
- Turn on USB Debugging Navigate to Settings > About Phone > scroll to the bottom > tap Build number seven times
- Go to Developer Settings(Maybe Under MoreàDeveloper Settings)
- Turn on USB Debugging
- Connect to your computer via USB
- Open iRoot and Press Root Now(the Green Button)
- Wait until the process is open and you’re done!
- Download the Custom Recovery File
Note:The Lollipop and KitKat ROM’s have been taken from Broodle and is not ours
- Place the Recovery Image in your SD Card not in a folder!
- Download the Lollipop Custom ROM from here and place in any folder
- Download the KitKat ROM from here
- Use Firefox/Internet Explorer as Google Chrome lists the file as malicious. If you use Chrome press “Alt+J” and press ”Recover Malicious File”
- Place in SD Card
- Download MobileUncle MTK Tools from the Play Store or from this link
- Open MobileUncle and Choose “Recovery Update” or the #rd item on the list
- Choose the “A114_cwm_recovery.img” file
- Your phone will reboot and go into recovery mode
- Use the volume buttons and power button to navigate in CWM
- Backup your current ROM to SD Cardusing CWM Recovery
- Go to “Wipe data/factory reset”
- Go to “Advance” and “wipe dalvik cache”
- After that go to “Install .zip from SD Card”
- Choose “install .zip from sd card”
- Choose your file from the folder where you placed it.
- Click “Yes”
- Now Wait fro a few minutes!
- You are done!Hopefully, this process would have enabled you to update Micromax Canvas 2.2 to Android KitKat or Lollipop. Do tell us which update you went for. If you have any queries, kindly use the comment section below.